How do I establish a new service account?

For a new customer form ( CLICK HERE ). 

Why do I need a sewer utility?

Authority for regulating sanitary sewer in the state of Louisiana is outlined in Title XI of the State Sanitary Code, and administered by the Department of Health and Hospitals (DHH). All subdivisions with 15 or more dwellings must construct a DHH approved community sewer system or connect to an existing system. 

Is it mandatory for residential customers to tie into a sewer system?

Title XI of the Louisiana State Sanitary Code requires all subdivisions with fifteen (15) or more residential homes to utilize a community sewer system. Please contact the Louisiana Department of Health at (225) 342-8958 if you have any questions.

I am a builder/developer or landowner, is Louisiana Sewer Utilities still expanding its service areas?

Absolutely,  If your system is located in Louisiana we would love to meet with you to discuss your plans along with some ideas of how we can assist.

Can I pay my bill using a credit or debit card?

Yes, however, you must know your account number.  ( CLICK HERE ) to enter your information or call 504-608-0199 this phone is answered 24/7.

If you don’t know your account number please call 888-283-5916 x #2 and a representative will be standing by to help.

What methods of payment do you accept?

We accept credit cards, debit cards, checks, money orders. 

Do you accept payments over the phone?

Yes, call 1-888-283-5916  if you know your account number or call 504-608-0199 extension ‘2’ to speak to a representative who can look up your account information and accept payments also.

Where do I need to mail my payments?

Send all payments to Utility Billing Service, P.O. Box 641600, Kenner Louisiana 70064-1600.

If I have a question about my bill, who do I call?

Call 1-888-283-5916  PRESS EXT 2 to be connected with billing.

How do I set up auto pay?

( CLICK HERE ) and fill out the correct form for the payment.

When are bills sent out?

All bills are mailed and e-mailed around the 1st of each month.

When are bills due?

All bills are due on the 15th of the month and considered late on the 20th

What is the late fee added to my bill?

If payment is not received by the 20th of the month, a 5% penalty will be added to your balance.

If my home is vacant, do I still have to pay my sewer bill?

Yes, unless your sewer line is disconnected from the system a bill will be sent.

Can I change my billing address?

Yes, ( CLICK HERE ) to fill out a change of billing address form.

I am moving out of the area, what do I do?

To stop service simply go to

What if a check is returned by my bank?

Your account will be charged a $ 20.00 return check fee. This will automatically cancel the payment and all applicable late fees will be added to your account as well.

How is my rate calculated?

The Louisiana Public Service Commission will conduct an intensive and lengthy review process, taking into account the company’s actual expenses to collect, transport and treat the sanitary sewer produced, balanced against other cities, Parish, municipal or private system charges in the service area. Our current residential monthly charges are a flat rate, meaning metered water usage is not used to calculate your bill.

How long does it take a credit or debit card transaction to post to my account?

Credit and debit card transactions are posted immediately.

Where can I learn more about how my sewer rates are established?

The Louisiana Public Service Commission can be reached at (225) 342-4404.

What should I do if I have a sewer backup, clogged drain or a slow flush?

Please call our office immediately, at (888) 283-5916. Press ‘1’ to be connected to our emergency response department, which is on standby 24/7/365. Technicians are on duty to help solve your problem.

What part of the sewer system am I responsible for maintaining?

All internal piping and fixtures along with the entire lateral line; the pipe that connects the property to the mainline.

What if I have a broke, clogged or leaking lateral line, who is responsible to make the repairs?

The property owner is responsible for the entire lateral line and the clean out. This also includes replacement and cleaning. However, all work must be performed by a licensed master plumber and all work must be inspected by Louisiana Sewer Utilities before being back filled.

Are the drainage, water, and sewerage systems the same?

No. Each system performs a separate function and is maintained by different agencies or companies:

Drainage lines/ditches carry rainwater away from your property and are typically maintained by Parish Drainage Departments.

Water lines carry potable water from a municipal or private source to your home and are operated by the owner of that water utility.

Sewer lines carry all toilet, sink, tub, shower and wash water from your home, via gravity collection lines and lift stations, to the treatment facility, where a mechanical treatment plant or pond removes pollutants and sterilizes the outflow.

"What is this white pipe?" I have noticed a pipe/cap in my front yard. Is this part of my sewer connection?

Yes. This is the access point for your lateral line, commonly known as a ‘clean out’, and is typically a 4″ diameter PVC pipe that runs from your home to our main collection line parallel to the street. Please keep the cap visible at all times and avoid damaging it while working on your lawn. If you notice damage or odors, please replace the cap immediately, as dirt may clog the line. Replacement caps are available at most hardware stores. The homeowner is responsible for maintaining access to and integrity of this device. In the event of a blockage, a licensed plumber will need to use this clean out, as it is usually the only direct access point to your home’s sewer line.