The following information is provided to help you understand Louisiana Sewer Utilities terms of service.
Louisiana Sewer Utilities
“We do not accept cash payments”
P.O. Box 9563
Metairie, Louisiana 70055
Phone – 1-888-283-5916
Website – lsutilities.com
Please visit our website lsutilities.com to view all rates and terms of service, if you have any further questions please call 1-888-283-5916 Ext #3 for customer service, or click “New Service” to complete your customer application.
Uniform Terms of Payment Policy
- Monthly utility bills will be provided to you on or near the first of each month.
- You will have ( 19 ) days from the billing date to submit your payment without a penalty charge unless the due date falls on a weekend or holiday then the due date is considered the next business day. We refer to this period of time as our standard billing period.
- A penalty charge of five percent (5%) shall be applied to all accounts that are paid after the expiration of the standard billing period each month. The penalty will be assessed only on the amount for services rendered and not on any portion of the bill representing previous penalties.
- The due date on a utility bill applies to current charges only and does not extend or otherwise alter any previous due date, notice, or agreement regarding past due charges for delinquent utility service.
- All utility bills and current utility service charges not paid in full by the twentieth (20th) calendar day of the month is deemed delinquent and shall be subject to Discontinuance of Utility Service.
- All information regarding a final notice and service termination will be mailed by certified mail with a return receipt requested. If the mail goes unclaimed it will be considered as if it were delivered.
- Deposits required by Louisiana Sewer Utilities, if any, may be applied against a delinquent bill and any other arrears due by you at the discretion of Louisiana Sewer Utilities.
Discontinuance of Utility Service Policy
- Once the Five day written notice is delivered or goes unclaimed the Sewer service may be disconnected by Louisiana Sewer Utilities at any time thereafter.
a. Non-payment of any delinquent utility bill; b. Failure to protect and maintain the service pipe or plumbing fixtures and drainage system on the customer’s property in a condition satisfactory to Louisiana Sewer Utilities; c. Molesting or tampering, by the customer or by others with the knowledge of the customer, with any meter, meter seal, drainage system, sewer plug, piping or any other device controlling or regulating the customer’s sewage flow; d. Failure to provide Louisiana Sewer Utilities employees free and reasonable access to the premises served, or for obstructing the way of ingress to any part of the sewer system or other appliances controlling or regulating the customer’s sewage flow during normal business hours.
Restoration of Utility Service after Discontinuance
- When the utility service to a customer has been discontinued for any of the above reasons, it will be renewed only after the conditions, circumstances or practices, which caused the utility service to be discontinued, are corrected to the satisfaction of Louisiana Sewer Utilities and upon payment of all charges due and payable by the customer.
- Any request for service reconnection after the close of regular business hours will not be allowed. All disconnects and re-connects will occur during normal business hours.
- All amounts that are delinquent as well as all on/off and reconnection fees must be paid in full by money order, or certified check only before utility service will be reconnected.